In Barcelona more and more baby showers are being organised where the "mommy to be" is put at the center of attention and where the pink and blue party items are an absolute must. In this blog, you can read everything you need to know about how to organise a baby shower in Barcelona.
Most of the time a big or small group of friends of the future mom are present at the baby shower. In many cases, the mother and mother-in-law are also invited, usually, this is an all-girls event.
Surprise your pregnant girlfriend by telling everyone to keep it a secret.
Create fun games and activities and make sure you start early with picking a date and organising the baby shower - group events usually need more planning than one normally anticipates.
Decorate the chosen venue in baby blue and baby pink however, if you already know the gender, then choose the color of the gender. In case you don't know the gender or incase its a gender reveal party, it is a fun idea to wear the colour of the gender you think it will be, this way everybody is in pink or blue which is also pretty for the pictures!
Fun game ideas:
- Taste test> Buy a few jars of baby food and let everybody taste and guess what is in it. The one with the most correct ingredients wins!
- Shit happens > Get a few baby diapers, fill them with for example peanut butter, Nutella, syrup etc. en let the guest lick it to guess what the "poop" is.
- Guess the name of the baby
- Wishes for the baby > make a list that the guest can fill in with there wishes for the baby
- Place your bet > Bet on the arrival date
- Mommy and daddy competition > Make a list with questions such as "Who will change the most diapers?" or "Who will spoil the baby the most?" the guest need to fill in Mom or Dad.
- Guess that baby > Ask everybody to take a baby photo of them to the baby shower and guess each-others photo.
Think about what kind of food you would like to be served. You can serve lunch, high tea, snacks, dinner, whatever you want! But note that your pregnant girlfriend (s) can’t eat everything.
A baby shower is usually given in the 6th or 7th month of pregnancy. The "mommy to be"
now has a nice round belly but is still able to feel and move comfortably. It's the perfect time for a party!
For more information about organising a baby shower with Straws ’n Berries you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.